Saturday, July 23, 2011

S.A.N.E Receives Best Service Award given by the Secular Student Alliance

Ladies and gentleheathens, it gives me great joy to announce that S.A.N.E. is to be the recipient of the Best Service Award given by the Secular Student Alliance. Next weekend a few of us will be embarking on a three day trip to the national conference to be presented with the award, and that's just the icing on the cake. While at the conference taking place in Columbus, Ohio, we will be enjoying the company of like-minded organizations, and the privilege of meeting such great intellectuals and speakers as PZ Myers, professor of biology at Minnesota Morris; Hemant Mehta, author of I Sold My Soul on Ebay; Campus Organizer for the SSA, JT Eberhard and many many more! It's going to be an absolutely life-changing experienced and I can't be more thrilled and honored to be making our "pilgrimage" with my fellow comrades in reason and rationality.

I would like to thank everyone who has made this possible in such short time. I could've never dreamed to have accomplished what we have in such little time. I remember starting as a social gathering at the Acoustic Coffeehouse, and we have now blossomed into a forefront organization within our community seeking to make a difference and lead by example. I know that this is only the beginning and I couldn't be happier to be in the company of dedicated, ambitious individuals. Each and every one of you is invaluable and irreplaceable, and I cannot express enough gratitude and honor that we share this common endeavor, to lead a new paradigm of thought and reason, to go beyond all odds to be the educators and bringers of progress and innovation.

Perry Winters

"Shake off all fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." -Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment